Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Africa Day 1

Sunday May 9, 2010

Expectations

Leave all expectations at the door? I have never been on a trip so I am not sure what to even expect. Today has been an adventure on its own. The trip to the airport I started getting a little anxious. I was comforted by knowing that this was God’s will and I will do extraordinary things while I am there. The plane ride from Tampa to DC wasn’t bad at all. The last 30 min or so was pretty bumpy though. I like it though. We almost missed our light from D.C. to Dakar though because Anna Marie, Naida and Karla decided to walk to the other side of the terminal to get food. It was the first time I ran through the airport. I couldn’t find them I was running everywhere and the flight was scheduled to leave in 15 min. There names were being called but no sign of them. Finally they arrive, just in the nic of time. The South African Airlines flight was amazing. I sat in row 71 seat D next to George and near Anna Marie and Naida. Chad later joined us to watch some movies. I was calling everybody on the seat to seat phone. Pretty cool. I watched Toy Story 2, Monsters inc. On a sad note, I let them take Aub’s bag… little did I know that it was full of food. I felt bad because she won’t get it until we get to South Africa.

Fun Fact: George is black and left handed

2 comments:

  1. I felt SO bad about being late! We were sprinting through the airport! It felt like we were in a movie!

    ReplyDelete